They Said What? 13 Perplexing Patient Chart Notes
Doctors are known for their poor handwriting — but the writers of these chart notes need a refresher in high-school English!
- Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year.
- On the second day the knee was better, and on the third day it disappeared.
- The patient is tearful and crying constantly. She also appears to be depressed.
- Discharge status: Alive but without my permission.
- The patient refused autopsy.
- Patient has left white blood cells at another hospital.
- She is numb from her toes down.
- The skin was moist and dry.
- Occasional, constant infrequent headaches.
- Patient was alert and unresponsive.
- Skin: somewhat pale but present.
- Patient was seen in consultation by Dr. Blank, who felt we should sit on the abdomen and I agree.
- Patient has two teenage children, but no other abnormalities.